Re: Configure Network Support for eCos

Hi:

I am still trying to work out the network configuration.
I have updated to the latest eCos version, put the problem still remains.

My hardware platform is not directly supported by eCos. Its a BRH board by
ADI Engg, that addeded their own support for brh on eCos/Redboot source code.
They claim only however, Redboot's support for Networking, not paticularly
for eCos applications that would run on board.

So, I have this basic questions:

1. If anyone has used eCos on brh board, with networking support?

2. I am wondering if ethernet driver support for eCos applications and
Redboot could be different? Perhaps my hadware only has driver support for
redboot.?( and hence eCos application can't find MAC address etc when
Redboot is able to find it) I am not sure if the two are different though.
If yes, any insight/pointers into how I can modify it to support eCos
applications as well?

I am a newbie to eCos. I would really appreciate any insights into this
problem..have been stuck for a while!

Thanks
-R.