From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Matt
Sartori
Sent: 30 August 2005 15:58
To: Andrew Lunn
Cc: eCos Discussion
Subject: RE: [ECOS] Flash - the saga continues

Hmm. The symbol appears in two object files:

devs_flash_arm_str710fz2_flash.o whose first entry is

	00000000 l	df	*ABS*	00000000 flash.c
and further down that object file's table is
	00000000 l    d  .text.flash_hwr_init	00000000
and further still
	00000000 g     F .text.flash_hwr_init	00000050 flash_hwr_init

the other object file that lists it is
	io_flash_flash.o:     file format elf32-littlearm
which again starts off with
	00000000 l    df *ABS*	00000000 flash.c
and lists it as
	00000000         *UND*	00000000 flash_hwr_init

Looking in the relevant flash.c there is no sign of the flash_hwr_init
function but...My driver files used to be called just flash.c and .h
before I renamed them to MYBOARD_flash.c and .h and I now have a
sneaking suspicion that the project somehow is still looking (and
finding?) those.
I have occasionally clicked clean in the configtool's build menu but
perhaps that's not enough?
I'll try and make a brand new directory and see what happens.

m@