Re: Driver with 2 EMAC

Note: resent after much delay, thanks to the SPAM filter on sourceware

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 19:57 -0700, mkhoyila@uci.edu wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> Thanks for the help. Any of you have any reference on how to write a
> driver to handle  2 EMACs. I am interested in setting up the structures
> mostly. Any sample code is appreciated. Thanks.

No real documentation other than code, sorry.  There are many examples
in the source code though.  Most of these are structured as a generic
driver (one which supports multiple instances of identical hardware
units) and a platform specific driver (which defines which units
are actually used, the physical details such as device [register]
addresses, MAC/ESA addresses, etc).

Try looking at
  .../devs/eth/powerpc/fcc       [generic]
  .../devs/eth/powerpc/rattler   [platform specifics]
or
  .../devs/eth/intel/i82559      [generic]
  .../devs/eth/powerpc/csb281    [platform specifics]