Re: Re: eCos Performance/ eth0,eth1 Routing problem (numberof hops!)

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:32 -0700, mkhoyila@uci.edu wrote:
> Indeed, it was cache enabling problem.
>
> Here is the new numbers which are getting closer but still needs some work:
>
> Linux: max 26,000 packets (60 bytes) per second (single burst) with no drops
>
> eCos: max 23,500 packets (60 bytes) per second (single burst) with no drops

This is good to know.  Obviously there are some things that could be
worked on, but it's quite close (and given the differing strategies,
not hard to imagine)

> I DO HAVE A SETUP ISSUE which I need help. I want to route packet coming
> in from IP address: 192.168.1.80 to eth0 (IP ROUTE) to eth1 and eth1 to
> route to its destination ip: 192.168.2.80. As you see the purpose is to
> test performance of my driver and eCos vs Linux by SmartBits. Here is an
> snap-shot of my eCos route table:

What makes you think this should happen automatically?  What have you
done to tell eCos that packets that come in on the 192.168.1.x network
should automatically flow through to the 192.168.2.x network?

I'm not sure that this would work with the BSD stack without bridging
support (which has never been ported to the latest stack)