Console I/O for a leon simulator(GRMON)

Hi,
I am working on a eCos device driver for leon target.
The compiled image is run on grmon - leon simulator.
But the image doesnot seem to have anysort of console
I/O functionality to pass on run time command. Also
the eCos repository does not have any serial drivers
for leon atleast to send the command on the serial
port. So can anyone please tell me whats going wrong
with my image...is it something to do while
configuring eCos for leon or is there a particular way
out of this problem. thank you.

Regards,
RAJ