Re: shell application

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 11:56:05PM +0200, Jaws wrote:
> Hi all,
>     in my application I need to implement a shell with some commands trough
> serial o ethernet interface.
> The principles purpose could be an easy and elementary user interface, but
> it can also be used for debugging and diagnostic.
> Can I have any suggestions about any framework or a easy way to implement a
> shell or command interpreter in ecos.
>
> During my search I found a ficl version for ECOS, called ZOG. Anyone knows a
> source version adapted to the current ecos version? Or could you suggest
> what i have to do to adapt the current ZOG version to ecos, to compile a
> version for arm?

The source code is available from David Welton's website.

It has not been properly integrated into the eCos build system. It
currently uses a makefile to build ficl as an application which is
linked to eCos. It would be better to write a small amount of CDL and
incorperate it into the eCos build system. The makefile does not look
too complex so i think this would be easy.

Also note that ZOG is using an old version of ficl, version 3.x. The
current version at http://ficl.sourceforge.net/ is version 4.x. So you
might want to update the port.

        Andrew