Re: newbie questions

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 09:09:34AM -0700, Andrew Voelkel wrote:

> Does that mean that a configuration carries around information inside itself
> telling it what template it originated from, in order to calculate the
> differences between it and that template?

It is an ascii file, you can read it.... There is no human unreadbale
configuration files ala M$ Windoze.

cdl_configuration eCos {
    description "" ;

    # These fields should not be modified.
    hardware    linux ;
    template    net ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_SYNTH current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_SYNTH_I386 current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_SYNTH current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ECOSYNTH current ;
    package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_WATCHDOG_SYNTH current ;

Here you can see the configuration was made using the net template.

        Andrew