Re: path to header files in subdir of install/include/ ?

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:26:04PM -0700, Heiko Panther wrote:

> Hi-
> I just moved a larger codebase into an eCos package. All the files include the
> headers without any path, like #include "header.h". But now, their header lives
> in cyg/io/mypackage. To include it, I would probably have to do #include
> "cyg/io/mypackage/header.h". However, I don't want to change all my files right
> now. What would you suggest? Add " -I$(PREFIX)/include/cyg/io/mypackage" with
> CFLAGS_ADD?

It can be done like that. It does result in some asymetric code in
that other packages and the application code generally won't have the
extra -I so they need to use the full path.

In general packages do use the full path, so if you would like to
contribute this work to the repository at some point in the future it
would be good to remove this and change the #includes. But this will
get you going.

> On a related note, should I use install/include/cyg for my package headers, or
> something like install/include/myorganization ?

Use cyg. The origional design was that different organizations would
use different prefixes, but in practice it has never happened. Since
Cygnus no longer exists, it is now a pretty neutral prefix.

        Andrew