Re: Problem with redboot on the phy555 port

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 14:12 +0200, Jean-Paul Garrigos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the port for the phycore-mpc555 dev board.
>
> I have download the ecos cvs version and update the ecos.db file in order to
> include the Mr Vega phycore-mpc555 port.
>
> I make the following tasks to make the redboot image:
>
> ecosconfig new phy555 redboot
> ecosconfig import /home/.../redboot_ROM_f04_r04.ecm
> ecosconfig resolve ('cause there was some conflict)
> ecosconfig check
> when all seems ok;
> ecosconfig tree
> make
>
> It produce me a redboot.elf file that I transform in srec format with
> powerpc-eabi-objcopy -O srec redboot.elf redboot.srec
>
> I use a BDI2000 JTAG.
>
> In the telnet session :
>
> prog srec redboot.srec
> reset run
>
> The target is resetting. So Redboot is not working.
>
> I decided to open the ecos.ecc generated in order to modify the
> configuration with the graphical tool.
>
> The option `enable internal flash memory` is checked. So I uncheck it. I
> check `dual mapping`.
>
> I build.
>
> In the BDI2000 telnet session :
>
> prog srec redboot.srec
> reset run
>
> all seems works (no target resetting).
>
> Now I try to access to redboot with serial connection with hyperterminal.
>
> I not able to show the redboot prompt.
>
> So what can be the problem ?

Since this port is not in the [public] tree (you must have applied
some patches to add it?), it's pretty hard for us to make many comments.

Why not use the BDI to help diagnose what the problem is?  Stop the
processor and poke around a bit:
  * Where in the code is it executing?  (what's the PC)
  * How did it get there? (what's in the link register)
  * Anything else that might "stick out"

As I mentioned at the top, there's probably no need to send the answers
to this list - we couldn't interpret them or help much since we don't
have access to your code.  That said, you may still be able to figure
out what's going on and why it doesn't run.

Of course, you probably should also ask for help from whomever you got
the code from as well :-)