Re: Re: Microcontroller with many UARTS

Peter Olufson wrote:

We had a project that required more UARTs. We used a Philips chip SC28L194 with 4 UARTs and interfaced it to a Rabbit 2000 microprocessor. The chip can be interfaced to any microprocessor. There is also a SC28L198 with 8 UARTs. You could use 1 or 2 of these chips to give you more UARTs. The datasheets talked about the chip having a Motorola or Intel interface so you may be able to use it with your Motorola microprocessor. There are also space I/O pins that can be used to add CTS/RTS hardware handshaking if you like.

you can also get 1/2/4/8 port UART chips from philips, SC16C754B is a quad uart for example.

   cheers,
   dirk

--
Dr Dirk Husemann, Pervasive Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
	hud@zurich.ibm.com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/

Appended to this email is an electronic signature attachment. You can
ignore it if your email program does not know how to verify such a
signature. If you'd like to learn more about this topic, www.gnupg.org
is a good starting point.