bsd sockets question

Hi All,

I have a bsd sockets question.

My application has two threads. One thread is waiting on receiving data on a socket using the select function, with a timeout of forever.

The other thread calls close on that socket.

I was hoping that upon calling close the select function would return with an error. Instead it continues to block. This thread works on linux and windows so I was hoping it was standard BSD sockets functionality.

Should this be working or does eCos not support this? If it doesn't support it does anyone have any ideas how to implement it, or even where to start?

Many thanks,

Will.