ecos test infrastructure

I am currently looking at the (host side) test infrastructure ecos currently
provides and I have several questions to which I couldn't find an
answer in the docs.

I read in several places, e.g.
<http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/README.host?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=ecos>
<http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/build.tests.html>
that the test infrastructure will be worked on in future ecos
versions.  The last updates to README.host are dating from feb 2003.
I was wondering if anything is to be expected here in the near future
(say a couple of months)?

Furthermore, Chapter 22 of the user-guide describes how to build/run a test
suite from configtool.   When I try that approach, building goes fine,
but when I try to run a test program, I get the same "failed to get
pty error" as described here
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-11/msg00206.html>
However I have the LEGACY_PTYS option enabled in my kernel.  Any suggestions?

Running a single test program from within gdb works fine.
Would it be possible with the current infrastructure to run a
testsuite on the target system without using the graphical configtool
and report the results to a database instead? [*]

Is there any more documentation about the testing infrastructure
(e.g.~about the use of dejagnu) than what I found in user-, ref-, and
component writers guide and the above described README.host?

thx,

Klaas Gadeyne

[*] I guess the test farm at ecoscentric must do something similar...