networking on eCos

>So anything you send to localhost in eCos will only be received by socket code
>listening in eCos.

Now we have both applications that run on eCos-synth, the transmitter sends UDP
packets correctly after a good connect() using a proper IP address like
142.31.248.70 .

The receiver have 2 different behaviors :
1) using IP like 127.0.0.1 it executes bind() between socket and address
correctly, but the function init_all_network_interfaces() prints the following
message: BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0; and the recv() doesn't receive nothing.

Can we configure manually via configtool the addresses, instead to use dhcp or
bootp ?

2) using proper IP address the bind() fails and the output is:
BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0
Bind error: Can't assign requested address

If we try to use I/O auxiliary when we start applications using the --io option
appears the following message:
Error: unable to find the I/O auxiliary program on the current search PATH
     : please install the appropriate host-side tools.

But the eCos host-side was already compiled, what means this message?