how to test Redboot version/configuration from within ecos application

Hi,

in our device we did something not-really perfectly in redboot. Now we fixed this and have a slightly different version.
We can work around this issue in the application, but we have to find out which of the two redboots is running on this board.

Is there a way to check for the version or configuration of redboot, e.g. by using a virtual vector ? I didn't find a suitable one yet.

If not, I'd like to add a VV call, which returns a user-definable string (which can be defined via configtool). Then we can put some arbitrary version information in this string and the application can query and process it.

What do you think ?

Bye
Alex