Lcd support

Hi everybody.

I was thinking about the best way to have support for the lcd in my target and then i took a look at some implementations in the repository.

To my surprise, the implementations do not handle the lcd as a device, i mean, there is nothing like \ecos\packages\devs\lcd on the repository.

What i could see are modules that export lcd specific routines and, sometimes, even including implementations of printf in the form of "lcd_printf". This is the case of AAED2000 target.

My intention was to create a device, something like \dev\lcd0 and have the CHAR_DEVIO_TABLE and CHAR_DEVTAB_ENTRY structures for it filled with pointers to my lcd support routines. By doing so, i could set up the default console to this device and so everything the can print on stdout could automatically use the lcd (and so i would be taking credit of the ecos printf implementation).

Does it make sense in terms of ECOS architecture? Why it was not done like this for some targets?

Best regards.

Ramiro C. Carvalho
ramiro.carvalho@uol.com.br