Javascript on eCos

Hi Hans Hubner,

We have ported Spidermonkey to eCos on an ARM 7 platform. This is not very difficult. I cannot send you an .epk packet, because we are a commercial company, but I can give you a few details.

I use these CFLAGS for the compiler: -DCROSS_COMPILE -DXP_UNIX -DECOS_ARM -D__ECOS -DHAVE_LOCAL_TIME_R -I$(PREFIX)/include/spidermonkey.

I have not included editline, liveconnect and perlconnect. I have ported editline though for testing. This is also easily done.

I have made the proper configuration definitions for our platform to the file jscpucfg.h. And there are also a few (very simple) corrections to the files jsosdep.h and jstypes.h (in particular you must #undef JS_HAVE_LONG_LONG and assure that the file jscpucfg.h gets included).

I think this should be sufficient for you to make the porting easy (a few days of work).

The size of Spidermonkey on our platform is approx. 400 kB.

Best Regards
Erik

E-mail: eak at rtx dot dk