Re: Changing memery

Hi all,

Any idea of how to solve this problem?? to me it seems
that redboot still thinks that the real memory is
0x02000000, why is that???

I have make changes in:

grg.h
mlt_arm_xscale_grg_ram.h
mlt_arm_xscale_grg_rom.h
mlt_arm_xscale_grg_ram.ldi
mlt_arm_xscale_grg_rom.ldi
mlt_arm_xscale_grg_rom.mlt

Thanks a lot in advance,

BR

Augusto Salazar

--- Augusto Salazar <elpirata2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am stuck in the process of changing the memory
> size
> of the redboot for my GRG board ( I though that I
> had
> solved this but now the changes don't seems to take
> place )
>
> So, going into the code I see that even if I put
> 0x04000000 as the ram size in this part of the code
> the value changes to 0x0200000
>
>  if ( regionend ==
>          ((cyg_uint8 *)CYGMEM_REGION_ram +
> CYGMEM_REGION_ram_SIZE) ) {
>
>         regionend = (cyg_uint8 *)CYGMEM_REGION_ram +
> hal_dram_size;
> }
>
> Now, I am sure that I have 64 mb of RAM... before I
> had the redboot to show me that but I lost that
> image
> and that time I just made the normal changes (grg.h
> and hal_*)
>
> Any tip of why this is happening?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Augusto Salazar