Re: TCP Stack Testing problem

Hi,

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Madhava Reddy S wrote:

Hi Lunn,

Thanks for your valuble reply.
As you said i created a new project with i386 PC target and selected the net
option rather than the default in the template packages.
the startup type as Floppy.
In Basic networking - initialization options for eth0  I have selected the
Address setup for eth0.

Then i geneated the library and compiled the hello work program in
/ecos-2.0/examples.
Generated the bin of exe  i386-elf-objcopy -O binary nw_test nw_test.bin
copied ot floppy dd conv=sync if=nw_test.bin of=/dev/fd0
booted the target system.

I'm not the expert, but I would not expect to test net functionality while using hello world like demo. Please use some of eCos net tests for this task. (i.e. add package like hw_net_tests or so...)

Even i tried to connect using gdb i386-elf-gdb nw_test
(gdb)target remote 192.168.1.2:9000
It says No route to host.

I'm afraid you mix two completely different things here: the first is net (TCP/IP) functionality of the eCos application and the second is net functionality of the included GDB stubs. Have you ever included GDB stubs with network functionality in your eCos app?

Cheers,
Karel

In this case how can i test the working of ping to target. I have intel 82559 card in the target system.

I want to do a ping from my host to target system.
If  you are aware with this please guid me.

Regards,
Madhava S

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Lunn" <andrew@lunn.ch>