32 bit flash checksums

Hello all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Redboot is a great little program and i've been enjoying it immensely.

I'm currently looking at accessing the redboot partitions from within Linux, which is in itself none too difficult with the mtd tools. In order for Redboot to "like" any changed image though, it has to have a proper checksum or key at the end. It looks to me like the last 32 bits of the image partition (say "redbootconfig") make up this magic number that is needed to ensure validity. I looked through the source code, but i am still unsure of the algorithm used to generate this checksum. Anyone know what algorithm is used?

Many thanks,
-Adam

--
Adam Yergovich