Re: How to write usb device drivers in eCos?

I'm sure you mis-addressed this. I have a grand total of zero knowledge of writing a USB master. I'm not sure if it is currently in the ecos repository. I know for the longest time it was slave only. If you are just doing it for academic purposes, check and see how Linux does it.

Halima Zahra wrote:
Hi!
I am a university student and currently working on an academic project of mine i.e.,
"Writing USB Device Driver in eCos"
** I ve already accomplished writing the drivers for PCI-DIO96 and PCI-607IE of National Instruments and now I am aiming to write the driver for PCI devices but I dont know how to start with?
When writing PCI device drivers I used the following function for scanning PCI bus:
*cyg_pci_find_next (CYG_PCI_NULL_DEVID, &devid);*
** Then I extracted information about the device using function:
*cyg_pci_get_device_info (devid, &dev_info);*
** Now I want to write usb device drive but don't know how to scan usb port and draw the
relevant device information.
If any such built in function is available in eCos then kindly inform me about it
and guide me that how can I start with writing the usb driver.
Moreover there are sample codes for testing pci_device i.e., pci1.c and pci2.c
Are any such saple codes available in case of usb

Many thanks indeed

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38382/_ylc=X3oDMTEzNWFva2Y2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMmF1dG9z/*http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/popular/thisweek.html%20>