Re: Will ECOS run on an ATMEL AT91SAM7A3 controller ?

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:04:54AM +0100, Martijn Hazenberg [GOVA] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the speedy response...
> What serial debug system do you use ?
> I currently have the pcb designed but no serial port is implemented.
> Do you think it makes sense to add a serial port for debugging ?

Yes. I would add one. The JTAG is rather limited with just two
hardware break points. Having a serial port is a great help.  If you
are short of space just bring the pins out to a header and put the
line driver on a daughter board etc...

>  if so should i better use the standard serial port or the DBGU port ?

I have code for both and have tested both on the AT91SAM7S64. The
standard serial port code is already available in anoncvs. The DBGU
port code is new and taken from another port. We currently don't have
a copyright assignment for it so i cannot add it to anoncvs yet.

To be on the safe side i would suggest you use the standard serial
port unless you needs the pins for something else.

        Andrew