To: "Madhava Reddy S" <madhava.s@globaledgesoft.com>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@sourceware.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] ping problem

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:50:28AM +0530, Madhava Reddy S wrote:
Hi Andrew,

I am running the server in the target. when i check in the ethereal two ARP
packets are sent from the target and both of them are Gratuitous ARP. I
browsed in the net for Gratuitous ARP. In the following link
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/8672/network/arp.html?20061#A28

He says host sends ARP request to resolve its own IP address.

He also says in a properly configured network there will not be reply for
gratuitous ARP request.

This is just the target making sure nobody else is using the same address it has been allocated. No reply is good.

When I run client in Linux PC client sends six ARP packets and stops.

This is bad. The target should of replied to the ARPs. I assume the ARPs are for the correct address?

I am using the same IP in the Redboot. I tried with different IP in Redboot
also. I am getting the same output.

Redboot and the application must have different addresses. Try again with different addresses.

Andrew

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.Global Edge Software Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Global Edge Software Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address