Re: Easy question, Rhine driver

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:59:58PM -0800, Chuck McManis wrote:
> Ok, here is an easy question. I want to build a redboot with the VIA Rhine
> driver instead of the Intel Ethernet driver.
>
> I did ecosconfig add CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_VIA_RHINE and removed the packages
> that referred to the intel driver but I still get:

This is one of the weak areas of CDL. Embedded systems don't usually
have pluggable hardware. It is soldered to the board. So the
configuration system is pritty static when it comes to hardware
support. The current way to hand different hardware is to make
different targets. You will find: pc_i82559, pc_i82544,
pc_vmWare. These are all basically the same, just with different
ethernet devices. You want to add a target pc_rhine to
packages/ecos.db.

        Andrew