Re: n00b PC booting questions

Sorry,
   Did not scroll the email all the way.

Yes, Grub will load all the gdt idt and startup properly. We link the app with eCos and run a gnu util something like objdump? to convert from elf to binary. I think that the gdb will work fine if you include this along with the network. I guess if you need to load the app dynamic you would need redboot.

Be sure to build eCos with a GRUB not RAM load.

So if I build it with a GRUB load (rather than a RAM load) will it include the code to switch into protected mode? At the end of the day with redboot loaded I'd like to be able to load my "real" application through GDB over the network (this has worked in the past with floppy booting).