Re: n00b PC booting questions

There are several ways to get this boot job done. The approach that we took was a simple fast boot. This works well in a production as well as engineering. The advantage to a disk or disk flash is that you can write a simple socket protocol to download the image overitself and reboot. Our build to test cycle is a few seconds, once you have fdisk/format/sys the disk. Works well for us. I don't have much experience with redboot so I cannot comment on that approach. But when we first looked at it in eCos 1.0 it seemed to be to floppy based. Is it possible to run redboot as an application in eCos or does eCos sit on top of redboot?

Steve