ixp425 bsp porting...exception at hal_xscale_core_init

Hi All,

As part of my initial checking of my new ixp425 based board,
am downloading a redboot.img built for GRG and am stepping thru it.
All goes fine till in hal_xscale_core_init an exception
Occurs on line 4. "mcr  p15,0,r0,c14,c4,0\n"   // dbcon

Am suspecting if my multi-ice debugger is the culprit stopping
the coprocessor configuration. Any pointers?.
Also, any material on the co-processor programming in ixp?.

Below is the code clipping referred above.

hal_xscale_core_init(void)
{
    // Initialize debug control unit to sane state
    asm volatile ("mov  r0,#0\n"
                  "mcr  p15,0,r0,c14,c8,0\n"   // ibcr0
                  "mcr  p15,0,r0,c14,c9,0\n"   // ibcr1
                  "mcr  p15,0,r0,c14,c4,0\n"   // dbcon