Re: Some debug output

At 12:52 AM 2/14/2006, you wrote:
What is more interesting is the next packet the server sends. That is
probably the bootp responce. But it looks like you do not receive any
more packets.... Maybe your receive code is not quite correct when
finishing with this receive and so it does not receive any more
packets?

There are actually more packets but in my initial check they looked similar. Eventually the console prints "Waiting for BOOTP ..." and the a few more packets and then it fails out and uses the default IP address I've coded in (and does not respond to pings)

However, since that time another few hours have passed and my driver re-write is almost complete. One key area where the VT8235 differs from the traditional Rhine API is that the first of three configuration registers (called CFGA,CFGB,CFGC in the Rhine driver) is at one additional offset (there is a register interspresed there) so settings there would be different.

Also does anyone know if the SH is big endian?

Another random tidbit, the CrossGCC FAQ is toast, as in missing in action. There are links to it all over which are being redirected to some dude's site where he not only doesn't have a copy of it, he doesn't seem to even know he is the keeper of it. Sigh, the web ya gotta love it

--Chuck