Re: running ecos 2.0 on Excalibur

Fernando Herrera wrote:
Hi again Warwick!

I tried to install this package but i got a window with the next message:

"Command Execution Error:
Invalid argument and "

Any idea?

Thanks in advance again!
kind regards

Hi Fernando,

I too had the same problem with later versions of configtool, along with my "tar blocksize=20" error. I instead resorted to installing it manually by renaming it to a .tar.gz file, decompressing it into the ecos/packages directory, and then appending the pkgadd.db to the ecos.db file.

Everything seems to work just as it did when the patch installed through configtool properly

Did you say that you actually got the EPXA1 board to boot eCos with the sample Hello World application? And does this imply you have a working redboot image?

Regards,

Warwick