Re: how to disable ARP in freebsd?

Birahim Larou Fall wrote:

my hardware driver is not an ethernet driver, my driver must send all IP packets to a settop box independently of mac adress destination. There is no network

This is very common in in-room network access for the hospitality market. Basically when the customer plugs in their lap top you answer any arp, you pretend to be any gateway, you capture the next HTTP session and re-direct it to the billing application running on the server. A friend of mine calls this NEET (Network Etthernet Encapsulation and Translation).

I suggest you put your NIC in promiscuous mode and implement the MAC (ESA) filtering in your own code.

--Chuck