Re: Debugging pc platform

David Fernandez <dfernandez@cct.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 14:28 +0000, Nick Garnett wrote:
> > David, I don't think anybody else is working on this code, so you have
> > free reign to make whatever changes you think necessary. Once you are
> > done, post your improvements to the patches list and I'll take a look
> > at them and, providing they look OK, check them in. If your changes
> > are extensive, you may need to sign an assigment form.
> >

> Nick,
>
> I've done modifications that seem to work well with my two SMP boards,
> Could you tell me the list address to where I should sent them, as well
> as the 'format' you prefer (old and new files, some particular diff
> options, etc...)?

We generally want them in unified diff format. Even better, a CVS diff
against the current CVS repository. There's a lot of info about what
you need to do here:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/patches.html

Send the patch to the eCos patches list for initial discussion. Once
we are happy with it they you will probably need to sign an assignment
before we can commit it to the repository.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts