Re: Modifying RedBoot to support multiple flash devices

On 3/8/06, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

> > > ucsd.edu..... I would expect they have a unix machine on the outside
> > > which you can build an SSH tunnel to to access CVS.
> > >
> > >        Andrew
> > >

> > Yes, but I work for Motorola.  I can't even SSH out of here to my home
> > box, where I could do the same thing.  I'll probably write a script to
> > grab daily snapshots of the branch and e-mail them to my work address.
>
> No need to do daily snapshots. Nothing much happens in the branch. In
> fact it is suffering from bit rot :-(
>
> What you will probably want to do is from the v2 branch take io/flash,
> and dev/flash. Merge this with the trunk. You will also probably want
> to take a diff for of all the v2 changes in redboot and apply them to
> the trunk redboot.
>
> That should then give you an up to date eCos system but with flash v2
> features.
>
> The flash_v2 branch will get merged into the trunk when we make the
> next major release. That will happen when we assign eCos to the
> FSF. However that it taking much much longer than we expected.
>
>        Andrew

Andrew,
    So is sounds like I should be able to enter the packages directory
and execute this:
       cvs -q -z3 up -j flash_v2 io/flash devs/flash redboot
Then I'll clean up the conflicts and I should be off and running.  Right?

--
Grant Mills
gmills@ucsd.edu