Adding redboot commands or parameters results in ROM image that won't run (but RAM image that will).

Hi,

I'm having a very strange problem with redboot running on an Intel IXP425 platform (I'm using the v1.92 release that Intel adapted for use with the ixdp425).

I'm trying to add some new commands to the CLI using the local_cmd_entry() macro. This works fine when I build a RAM based image, but results in a ROM based image that doesn't get very far before it stops running (I don't see any output at all on the console). If I remove one of the existing commands, and and my new one, everything works fine. This suggests to me that I'm hitting some sort of space limitation that is only relevant to the ROM based image. Since the local_cmd_entry() macro appears to really just statically declare a data structure, it seems to me that I'm probably just exceeding some pre-defined boundary for the data segment (although it seems odd to me that this doesn't result in a link error or warning). Unfortunately, I don't see any obvious way to increase this in any of the files that are used to set up the memory layout.

Can anyone tell me whether my analysis of the situation seems sound or not, and what I might try to adjust to resolve my problem?

Thanks
--Dave

Dave Rensberger - Project Engineer ThingMagic, Inc., One Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 Tel: 617-682-3784 Cell: 617-834-6425