Re: audio driver help

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:21:31AM +0000, jagan m wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new eCos and i have given work to port SIP stack
> onto eCos.
> Before that I have to make sure that audio works fine.
> I am working on i386 platform and my audio card is
> Intel AC97 Audio controller.
> I found that there is no audio driver support for this
> card.If i have to write a driver where should i start.
> How to write audio drivers in eCos?

There is no audio infrastructure in eCos, no drivers, no
documentation, nothing. Audio is not common in deeply embedded
applications.  Applications that do require audio, eg telephones, the
audio support is generally part of the application which contains the
interlectual property. So audio drives don't get contributed.

You will have to do all the work yourself.

        Andrew