Re: Using a different toolchain

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

> Hi all.  I'm trying to find hints on how to get ecos to build using a
> non-stock toolchain.

There's no trick to it: you just do it.

> It's gcc, but not one of the canned ones that comes with ecos.

I've never used a "canned" toolkit.

> First, is there a way to convince ecosconfig and friends to
> generate a different tool prefix in the makefiles?

You mean different filenames for gcc et al?

It's probably easiest to just create symlinks so that the
default filenames work.

> It seemed like it was designed for that, but I couldn't find
> it.  If not, it's no big deal, I can tweak the makefiles after
> generation.
>
> Second, is there documentation on what sections and other
> constructions are required in the linker script?  I tried
> using a linker script from another (non-ecos) project,

Again, why?

> but that failed miserably.

In what way?

> I have the impression that the script I'm using just doesn't
> have enough in it, but I don't speak ld well enough to know
> what I'm missing.  Do I just need to go read up on that stuff
> in order to get my linker script right?

Either that or tell us how it failed.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I feel better about
                                  at               world problems now!