Re: RE ; IP over HDL

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 01:20:41AM -0700, saurabh prakash wrote:
> I haven't came accross any RF regarding this.
> Using the PPP stack for sync HDLc(and then byapssing it) seem
> to be a better approach as i want the hdlc interface to be recognised
> by the tcp/ip stack in a standard way.
>  i have few more queries :
>
> 1)does ecos support RIPv2 and OSPF, if not from where should i start.
> 2) from mailing list it appears that ecos does not suport dynamic routing,
>  how can i build dynamic routing suppport in ecos.

eCos does not have a routing daemon. Also, IP forwarding is not
something that is actively supported. It might work, but you should
test it and be prepaired to have to have to spend some effort getting
it working correctly.

For RIPv2 and OSPF you will need to find a suitable routing daemon and
port it to eCos.

You have to be careful of the license of the code you use. Most
routing daemon are GPL. If you use such code your entire system then
becomes GPL and so you must provide the entire source code tree to
your customer and she must then provide the source code to the end
customer. Generally the customer does not want to do this....

This means it would probably be a bad idea to use the following:

http://bird.network.cz/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nx-routed/
http://www.zebra.org/

You need to find a routing daemon which uses something like the
MIT/BSD license.

        Andrew