Re: Trying to Debug Ecos using GDB

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:05:17PM -0400, Fahd Abidi wrote:
> So you're saying that I won't be able to build an executable that
> contains symbol information from the ecos kernel? Just the symbol
> information from the application that I created?

The symbols for the parts of eCos you use will be include in the final
image. So if you use parts of the kernel, the debug symbols for those
parts will be included.

> In other words the debug symbols from the libtarget.a library will not
> get carried over into hello.o during linking?

I think you mean hello.elf or how ever you can it. It will not be
hello.o since that is the object code for hello.c.

As i keep saying, the debug symbols for the parts of eCos you use will
be in the final image.

        Andrew