How to dissociate constants from text

Hi all,

I've posted the following question to gnu.gcc.help, and hadn't any answer. Could you help if you have some expertise with gcc?

We are using GCC 3.3.3 cross compilation to ARM9e target. In our ARM9
chip, we have TCM (tightly coupled memory) which is divided in 32K
instrcutions (I-TCM) and 32K data (D-TCM). As this memory has a Harvard
architecture, we get 1 wait state when loading a data from the
instruction part (I-TCM), and zero wait state when fetching it from
D-TCM. But arm-elf-gcc involves some constants in the end of functions
and this makes the code slower when executed in I-TCM than in cache...

Is there any option in gcc, or a patch to make him separate these
constants from the functions, and map them in, let's say, a .constants
section that we can load in D-TCM.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Riadh.