Re: Specific location for kernel_mutex.o : linker file issue. Need help !

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 10:05:37AM +0200, Guillaume Aymard wrote:
> Hi Robin,
> Actually, I understand the use of the linker script, but to resume you
> example
> below, if "start.o" is in an archive, the the linker pretends it cannot
> find it. This is my problem.
> It looks like when archived, the object file boudaries vanishes and each
> functions live theire own life
> with theire .data, .text and .bss sections and their weird new symbolic
> name.
> The solution proposed by Andrew works, but on a per-function name basis. I
> can specify the location
> of a function with an obvious name (witch starts with Cyg_Mutex for
> example) but if this function calls
> another sub-routine which name is not so obvious, I can miss its
> relocation. So if we find a way to relocate
> an archived object file in the way you propose, I'll be glad, but it seems
> that we can't :-( .

You probably want to turn of --function-sections. This is the flag
which causes each function to have its own section in the object
file. However turning this off will result in bigger images since the
link in then not able to throw away functions in an object file that
are not needed.

    Andrew