Re: Any shell available?

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 15:27 +1000, Tang Yi wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to enquire if there is any shell or command-line support for run-time
> development available for ecos. There might be some for the Linux
> compatibilty package, but what if I do not include the linux compatibility
> package?

The idea of a "shell" doesn't really fit in with an embedded system.
eCos is built to serve a single application - tuned for whatever you
need.  It is expected that once this application is started, that's
what the system runs.

RedBoot, the "ROM" monitor, does allow for some interactive uses,

Can you explain more about what you wanted a shell for?