Re: error: no memory region specified for loadable '.ram_vectors'

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 08:02:01PM +0700, Agus Ariffianto wrote:

> >>My questions are:
> >>
> >>1. Why message: "...hello.bin": not in executable format: File format not
> >>recognized." turn up?
> >

> >gdb wants the elf file, not the binary you produced.
> >
> >>2. How to create 'the executable file'? I was successfully created ecos
> >>bootable disk (run in PC, showing hello ecos). I enter command (in cygwin
> >>environment):
> >>
> >>   [cygwin-agus]$ dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0
> >>
> >>   What should I do to produce the same executable (or bootable <?>)
> >>file?
> >
> >How do you intend to get the image onto the system? Does it have a
> >floppy and a BIOS to boot it? Are you going to burn it into an EEPROM?
> >Do you have a JTAG interface to load the program into RAM?
> >
> >  Andrew
>
> Then I use target board (Alter Stratix S40). First of all I load LEON into
> the board (via JTAG), then I load hello.out (via serial). Here is the
> result:
>
> Agus@aariffianto /opt/grmon-eval-1.1.3/win32/ecos/project-ecos
> $ ../../grmon-eval.exe -u -uart COM8
>
> GRMON LEON debug monitor v1.1.3 (evaluation version)
>
> Copyright (C) 2004,2005 Gaisler Research - all rights reserved.
> For latest updates, go to http://www.gaisler.com/
> Comments or bug-reports to support@gaisler.com
>
> This evaluation version will expire on 8/2/2006
> try open device COM8
> ###opened device COM8
>
> GRLIB plug&play not found, switching to LEON2 legacy mode
>
> initialising ..........
> detected frequency:  50 MHz
>

> Component                            Vendor
> LEON2 Memory Controller              European Space Agency
> LEON2 SPARC V8 processor             European Space Agency
> LEON2 Configuration register         European Space Agency
> LEON2 Timer Unit                     European Space Agency
> LEON2 UART                           European Space Agency
> LEON2 UART                           European Space Agency
> LEON2 Interrupt Ctrl                 European Space Agency
> LEON2 I/O port                       European Space Agency
> AHB Debug UART                       Gaisler Research
> LEON2 Debug Support Unit             Gaisler Research
>
> Use command 'info sys' to print a detailed report of attached cores
>
> grmon> load hello.out
> section: .rom_vectors at 0x40000000, size 4864 bytes
> section: .text at 0x40001300, size 63996 bytes
> section: .rodata at 0x40010cfc, size 804 bytes
> section: .data at 0x40011020, size 1168 bytes
> total size: 70832 bytes (30.7 kbit/s)
> read 406 symbols
> entry point: 0x40001300
> grmon> run
> IU in error mode (tt = 0x07)
> 400077bc  d0026010   ld  [%o1 + 0x10], %o0
> grmon>
>
> 1. Is the error appear because of warning message which turn up when I
> compile the source using ecos-configtool?
> 2. What should I do?

You should go talk to your Mentor/supervisor. Hopefully he can arrange
some basic training on how to use all these tools. Maybe you need to
make contacts with ESA or Gaisler.

My opinion is that you need a professional support contract from
somebody who actually knows this system and can teach you the basics.

         Andrew