Re: USB-CDC on AT91

I fixed last week a problem in the AT91 USB-Driver. If the Driver is running - a IO-routine is wating for input - and an state-change happens, then in some cases the IO-routine will never end, because the driver lose the flag.how says: "the complete-funcion should be called".

Or in other words. The driver uses the interrupt-mask-bits as signal that an transfer is currentli running. If the flag is first cleared and then the transfer completts, the IO-routine will never compettes. Unfortunatly the enumeration clears sometime the flags whitout calling the completion-function.

There is a fix from Andrew whitch i want to integrate in the driver, and after this i will make a DIFF. The fix should be done this week...

Greatings Oliver

John Eigelaar schrieb:
I have been using the recent at91 usb driver to implement a USB-CDC
(USBSerial emulation ) device on an at91sam7s256 board.

My CDC device enumarates properly and is seens as a serial port on both
Linux and Windows. If I however try to connect to the serial port with
either minicom or hyperterminal the serial application hangs.

I could get hyperterminal to connect once and that work fine while the
session was connect but when I hanged up and tried again hyperterminal
hung.

I previously ported the FraaRTOS CDC code to eCos, before there was any
at91 driver available, and that code works fine as a serial port.

Any ideas on how to go about debugging this ? Any experiences with USB-CDC would be appreciated.

I have SnoopyPro and the diag serial port here at my disposal ...

Thankx
John Eigelaar