Re: Dynamic IP/DHCP/Routing the 'right way'

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 08:36:52PM +1000, Laurie Gellatly wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'll be working with the PHYTEC2294 board in preparation to using the
> Philips LPC2210 and LPC2102 in production.
>
> My project will allow the user to change the various IP settings
> (Address/Mask/gateway/DHCP) while the system is running. I.E. address
> and mask are updated (old addresses are deleted).
> Gateway changes cause the default route to be updated. DHCP can be
> turned off/on.
>
> I've found some older posts about this and tried them. Maybe I missed
> something but so far I've not found a single solution that covers all my
> needs. Is there such a solution or is there a 'right way' to achieve
> this?

You might need to write your own dhcp management thread which calls
the dhcp state machine as needed, or calls the init_net() function
with your static addressing information.

> After these I'll need to do the same for NTP and DNS.

By NTP you mean SNTP? You should be able to call
cyg_sntp_set_servers() at anytime to tell it about a change of unicast
SNTP server.

With DNS similarly cyg_dns_res_start() can be called at any time to
indicate a new server.

         Andrew