Re: why is it wrong to call cyg_semaphore_post() in ISR???

It's a trade off - do you prevent interrupts (hence ISR routines) from
running during all data critical sections or do you simply not allow
those [ISR] functions to execute code that might perturb critical data?
eCos chooses the latter method which allows for lower interrupt latency
by putting off things until the DSR can be safely run.

Thanks alot. this is exactly what I am searching for. I searched a lot to find it and I read alot but in vain I did not get it. Now I understood it. Once again thanks for your explanation.

monica