Re: Re: RE : Understanding CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD NUMERATOR DENOMINATOR

Thank you for the replies, the way I have used RTC_PERIOD is that my CPU_CLOCK is at 32MHz, while I prescale the timer by a factor of 8 hence yielding at timer clock of 4Mhz, therefore my RTC_PERIOD is 4,000,000/DENOMINATOR or 40,000. I use this value to preload my 16 bit timer with 65536 - 40000 with automatic reloading of this value, this essentially gives me the 10ms tick.

I think David makes a valid point that it would help to put platform specific values, however, these are also dependent on the hardware timer setup. Though, this can be made specific to timer clocks (prescaler values that is).

Moussa