Re: Re: No RedBoot network after app start?

I am a little confused then (I am new at this). I was under the impression that RedBoot needs to hang around, so GDB can do its work. I have also been told that RedBoot and the application needs separate IP addresses (supposedly to avoid stack confusion), for this reason.

Our main issue is that we are unable to debug. We are using Eclipse to establish the GDB session, over ethernt. The image gets uploaded by Eclipse, to port 9000 at the address of our card, and we then reach the main function (we have break at main set). At that point no more debugging is possible, which isn't very useful. What I mean is that we can't step or display anything further. At this point we just have to restart our card.

Andre