GDB / Realview Micro Edition ARM7

Good Day,

I am using ARM's RDV for oki which uses a RealView Debugger with an ICE. I produce an elf from gcc and them convert it to binary which I burn with RealView. I also use RealView to step though some of the code (any program that I write and link it with the library). Unfortunately, it has been difficult to diagnose ecos code in the library. RealView has difficulty locating sources from the based on the symbols it loads from the elf output. I think it is a combination of cygwin tools with its path hierachy and RV expecting regular pathnames.

This has made my debugging of device drivers difficult as I can only look at and step though assembly language code.

Does anyone have experience debugging ecos code with RealView?

I am looking now for an alternative to debugging the code. I was thinking that one possibility is to use GDB and compile in gdb stubs for ARM for my ecos image. I am not using RedBoot, I would like to just be able to flash the ARM with RealView, then debug the code with GDB via the serial port.

Is this possible?
The ARM has about 16K or RAM, is this is within GDB stub requirements?

Any other suggestions for dealing with this issue?

Moussa