Problem loading .elf file with RedBoot

Hello RedBoot experts,

I'm having trouble loading an .elf file I have created using RedBoot

When I load the .elf file over the serial port using XMODEM protocol,
I get 99 % through the file and then it just hangs.  Pressing Ctrl-C
restores the RedBoot prompt.
RedBoot> load -m xmodem
C^C
RedBoot>

When I load the .elf file into RAM and save it into Flash as a raw
file and then load the .elf file from Flash, it gives me a odd error
message.
RedBoot> load -m fis pgm.elf
Can't load ELF file - program headers out of order
fis stream terminate
fis stream close
RedBoot>

Any ideas what's causing this problem?
If I use the objdump program what should I look for?

--
Chris