Re: Building eCos hello world

On 7/27/06, Sergei Gavrikov <w3sg@softhome.net> wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, David Ho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to build an eCos hello world app, but I have quickly
> stumbled on an issue.
> As I am investigating I found that the platform specific serial port
> code is missing, and I noticed it is _not active_ because
> IO_SERIAL_DEVICES is disabled.
>
> Now does eCos have a default ecm file like RedBoot? (e.g.redboot_RAM.ecm).
> What would be a way to enable it by default?
>
> Thanks, David

Which eCos template is used? Try to use the `default' template.

I am using the default template.

bash$ ecosconfig new satmodem

Where is default configuration defined?
When I forcibly enable it in ecos.db

I get the following complaint, and it is still disabled.

Hardware selection, target `satmodem': warning
   The option `CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES' is supposed to be enabled
for this target.
   However this option is not in the current configuration.

target satmodem {
       alias { "NMX satmodem board (satmodem)" at91_satmodem }
       packages { CYGPKG_HAL_ARM
                  CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91
                  CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91_SATMODEM
                  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91
                  CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
                  CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_SATMODEM
                  CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX
                  CYGPKG_DEVICES_WATCHDOG_ARM_AT91
       }
       enable { CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES }
       description "
       The satmodem target provides the packages needed to run eCos on an NMX
       satmodem board (SATMODEM)."
}

David