Re: Including TCP/IP stack in an eCos application.

On 8/8/06, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
This is probably not a good comparison. I expect the linker has been
able to throw away a lot of lwip and not much of FreeBSD. So when you
start writing an application, the lwip size will increase much faster
than the FreeBSD size.

From our experience, we have a working LWIP stack running without an
OS and running with FreeRTOS on the same target.  The actual memory
usage for running a simple web server is around 10KB text.  So it is
still a much better alternative than Net/FreeBSD at this moment.

David

PS Your reply-to: address in this email seems to point back to me for
some reason?