Re: eCos application networking problem on ML403

Dogu Cetin wrote:
Hi,

I'm quite new in eCos. I installed eCos using the following howto
(http://wwwcs.uni-paderborn.de/cs/ag-platzner/people/luebbers/stuff/ecos/ecos-ML403-miniHOWTO.txt

) and run redboot without network support (I don't know why) Now I'm
trying to run httpd1.c test software stand alone (without redboot) on
Xilinx ML403. I got evaluation licenses for ip of uart, ethernet, i2c.
I compiled ecos using config tool, my tamplete is v irtex4 and package
is net. Finally I got libextras.a, libtarget.a files and compiled
hhtpd1.c using these files. However when I run this software it gives
the same error (for both DHCP and static IP cases)

SIOCIFADDR: Device not configured
Network initialization failed for eth0

Probably I missed something, if you could help, I'll be pleased ...

Given that this port is not in the public tree, we may not be able to help much.

I'd start with trying to get the network working in RedBoot - it's a
simpler environment and should work.  Once you have that, then move
on to your application code.